The governance structures with the members of the forum are described on this page.
Current steering board
Our first voting took place during ISC-HPC 2018 resulting in the following seats:
- Program chair: Julian Kunkel (University of Reading)
- Curriculum chair: Kai Himstedt (University of Hamburg)
- Topic chairs:
- HPC Knowledge: Lev Lafayette (University of Melbourne)
- Performance Engineering: Anja Gerbes (University of Frankfurt)
- Use of the HPC Environment: Jean-Thomas Acquaviva (DDN)
- Sofware Development: Waseem Kamleh (University of Adelaide)
- Administration: Sharan Kalwani (DataSwing)
- Big Data: Julian Kunkel (University of Reading)
- Examination chair: won’t be seated in the first year as we are building the program!
- Publicity chair: Weronika Filinger
The actual roles within the forum are as follows:
Membership to the forum is free.
- Associated member
- Anyone and any institution can become an associated member to the forum.
- Full member
- Everyone actively contributing to the project is considered to be a full member. We anticipate a contribution of a few hours per month.
- Full members have voting rights on the annual general assembly.
The direction of this initiative is managed by the steering board. The executive roles for the board are:
- Program chair (PC):
- Chairs the overall executive board
- Chairs meetings and conference calls
- Curriculum chair (CC):
- Decides new curriculum releases
- Merges changes suggested by TC
- Topic chairs (TC)
- Curate skills of a subtree
- Funnels change requests of members
- Examination chair (EC)
- Manages examina on handling
- Publicity chair (PRC)
- Develops and implements PR strategy
The steering board members are full members elected anually during the general assembly.