K-B HPC Knowledge
The theoretical knowledge of HPC provides the background to understand how supercomputers and HPC environments operate. This enables practitioners to effectively use such environments.
- To provide background knowledge that is relevant for all other branches.
- To provide a theoretical background to judge the behavior and efficiency of systems.
- To provide a technical understanding of HPC systems.
- Explain the hardware, software, and operation of HPC systems.
- Construct and judge simple performance models for systems and applications.
- Understand that there are performance frontiers.
- Explain why it is a special challenge to achieve good speedups and good efficiencies if the number of processing elements is steadily increased.
- Compare different paradigms for the parallelization of applications.
- Construct and execute an HPC workflow on an HPC system.
- Comprehend job scheduling principles.
- Apply a cost model to compute the costs for running a workflow on an HPC system.
skill-tree/k/b.txt · Last modified: 2022/09/26 08:30 by 127.0.0.1