SD3.4-B Release Management
The benefits of release management are explained. Moreover, it is covered how software releases are managed according to a well-defined and consistent process.
- Describe the basics of release management and what the benefits are of applying a release management process in the context of high-performance computing “fault”, “failure”, and “error”.
- Discuss the differences among Major Release, Minor Release, Emergency Fix (and potentially other types of releases) and what should be contained in each of them.
- Correlate the tasks and steps of release management.
- Apply the steps of the deployment process of the release version and the required dependencies.
- Comply with the best practices of making releases identifiable via version numbers using appropriate version numbering scheme (e.g. using the version control system).
- Characterize the lifecycle of a release (including states such as stable, unstable).
- Differentiate frameworks of release planning and management, e.g. SCRUM release planning and ITIL.
skill-tree/sd/3/4/b.txt · Last modified: 2020/07/19 11:30 by 127.0.0.1